If you have a user of your team who no longer needs to track time, you can remove them from your organization. Once a team member is removed, they will no longer have access to your organization.
Table of Contents
- What data will and will not be available after the removal
- How to remove a team member
- How to restore a removed member
What data will and will not be available after the removal
What will be removed
Once you remove a member from your organization, you will lose access to some data:
- If you have enabled the Timesheet approvals option, the timesheets will be hidden for the removed member.
- The detailed data on the View & edit timesheets will be hidden.
- The detailed data regarding Activities (screenshots, apps, and URLs) won’t be accessible, thus you won’t be able to see it on the site as usual.
- A removed member will not be included in the next Payroll, and no payment will be generated for them.
- Similarly, you won’t be able to select a removed member to Send a payment, so make sure they got all the outstanding payments before being removed. Otherwise, you may pay them outside Hubstaff.
What will stay available
However, you will still have access to the historical activity data and will be able to download screenshots (please, check our data retention policy).
- Owners and managers will be able to download screenshots, both for active and removed members.
- The data will be available in the Reports. If you need to select the removed member, use the filters and navigate to the Removed members section at the bottom of the list under the TEAMS/ MEMBERS filter.
How to remove a team member
Should you wish to remove a member, these are the steps to take:
- Click on People and select Members from the main navigation menu.
- Select Actions to the right-hand side of the member you wish to remove.
- Click on Remove member from the drop-down menu.
How to restore a removed member
Hubstaff allows you to restore the removed members of your organization to get full access to their detailed data (e.g., watch the screenshots on the site again if this data haven’t been removed due to the data retention policy) or to let them continue working in your organization.
For this, you only need to send the invitation to the same email address this member had previously. Please, check here on how to invite a member.