Hubstaff’s Weekly Limits feature can be used for organizations that want to limit the number of hours that team members work in a week. This feature can be beneficial for organizations that want to ensure that team members work their assigned weekly hours, without going over the organization’s desired limit.
Works on client versions 1.5.10 and up for desktop systems, and 1.4.4 and up for iOS and Android. Please click here to update your application.
Support for Chromebook and the Hubstaff Chrome Extension is not available at this time.
Table of contents
- How to create weekly limits for team members
- How to edit, override or remove a weekly limit
- How the weekly limit notification appears on the team member’s tracking client
How to create weekly limits for team members
Go to the left sidebar and select People > Members.
Hover your cursor over the Limits column against the relevant team member. Click on the pencil icon.
You will be directed to the member’s profile and, under RECURRING WEEKLY LIMIT, add the number of hours and click Save Changes.
Once the limit is saved, the number of hours your team member can log per week will be displayed against their name within the Members list.
How to edit, override or remove a weekly limit
You can edit, override, or remove the weekly limit as well.
From the People > Members page, click on Actions against the relevant team member. Select the Edit limits from the drop-down menu.
You will be directed to the member’s profile where you can edit the recurring limit, edit the current weekly limit, or totally remove the recurring weekly limit.
- Edit/ change recurring weekly limit – This changes all the weekly limits for the user (current and future).
- Edit/ change current weekly limit (override) – This changes only the current weekly limits for the user (current week). This is typically used when the user needs to track more time, but the limit was already reached.
- Remove – Use this option to delete the weekly limit altogether. Once this is done, the team member will be able to log time without any restrictions.
Weekly limits for past weeks cannot be edited, the tool only allows users to override up to the current week.
How the weekly limit notification appears on the team member’s tracking client
If the weekly limit is reached, a pop-up notification will automatically appear. This will alert the user that they will be unable to track any more within the organization, as their weekly limit has been reached.
Weekly limits are based on the organization’s time zone. Thus the weekly limit could reset in the middle of the team member’s day depending on their own timezone.