Hubstaff’s Weekly Limits feature can be used for organizations that want to limit the number of hours that team members work in a week. This feature can be beneficial for organizations that want to ensure that team members work their assigned weekly hours, without going over the organization’s desired limit.
By the end of this article you will be able to do the following:
- Create Weekly Limits for Team Members
- Edit, Override, or Remove Weekly Limits
- See how notifications appear on the desktop app
Table of contents
- How to create Weekly Limits for team members
- How to Edit, Override or Remove a Weekly Limit
- How the Weekly Limit notification appears on the team member’s tracking client
How to create Weekly Limits for team members
First, select Members from the main navigation menu.
Hover your cursor over the Weekly limit column against the relevant team member. Click on the pencil icon that appears.
This will reveal a pop-up window where you can enter the weekly limit. Click Create.
Once the limit is saved, the number of hours your team member can log per week will be displayed against their name within the Members list.
How to Edit, Override or Remove a Weekly Limit
You can edit, override, or remove the weekly limit as well.
From the Members page, click on Actions against the relevant team member. Select the Edit limit from the drop-down menu.
This will reveal a pop-up window where you can edit the recurring limit, edit the current weekly limit, or totally remove the recurring weekly limit.
- Edit/ change recurring weekly limit – This changes all the weekly limits for the user (current and future).
- Edit/ change current weekly limit (override) – This changes only the current weekly limits for the user (current week). This is typically used when the user needs to track more time, but the limit was already reached.
- Remove – Use this option to delete the weekly limit altogether. Once this is done, the team member will be able to log time without any restrictions.
If you want to prevent a member from working at all, you can set their weekly limit to “0”.
Weekly limits for past weeks cannot be edited, the tool only allows users to override up to the current week.
How the Weekly Limit notification appears on the team member’s tracking client
If the weekly limit is reached, a pop-up notification will automatically appear. This will alert the user that they will be unable to track any more within the organization, as their weekly limit has been reached.
Please note that if the user is working offline or shuts down their client abruptly without first stopping their tracker, there can be instances where tracking data is not able to upload fully. Therefore, if the total time tracked is not reflected in our servers the user’s limit cannot be properly enforced. When multiple tracking clients are used, or manual time is added, these situations can also lead to weekly limit overages. To prevent this from happening, please always allow your time to fully upload before closing your client.
Weekly limits are based on the organization’s time zone. Thus the weekly limit could reset in the middle of the team member’s day depending on their own timezone.