Harness the power and efficiency of Hubstaff Tasks on your Hubstaff Time Tracking organization by enabling the embedded Tasks add-on. This paid add-on lets Hubstaff Time Tracking users view tasks in Kanban or Timeline views similar to how they appear on Hubstaff Tasks.
Table of contents
- How to subscribe to the paid Tasks add-on
- Setting up your Hubstaff Tasks organization
- Managing tasks on Hubstaff Time Tracking with the Tasks add-on
How to subscribe to the paid Tasks add-on
To subscribe to the Tasks add-on, navigate to Settings & Policies > Billing, then click on Try it for free. The add-on will start with a 14-day free trial after which the subscription will be paid.
Should you wish to continue with the paid version, navigate to Settings & Policies > Billing and click on Add Tasks.
Next, confirm the add-on by clicking Add Tasks.
You’ll receive an email confirmation once the add-on is enabled.
Setting up your Hubstaff Tasks organization
While signed in to your Hubstaff account, navigate to your avatar located on the top-right of the page, then click My Account. Alternatively, you can navigate to https://account.hubstaff.com/.
Under the Apps section, click the Open button under Hubstaff Tasks. Alternatively, you can navigate to https://tasks.hubstaff.com/app.
You’ll be taken to your Hubstaff Tasks organization dashboard.
Follow our handy quick start guide for new Hubstaff Tasks organizations here to learn how you can maximize your Hubstaff Tasks subscription.
Managing tasks on Hubstaff Time Tracking with the Tasks add-on
To see tasks under your Hubstaff Tasks projects in Hubstaff Time Tracking, navigate to Project Management > Tasks.
Under the project selection drop-down, select any project with the Hubstaff Tasks logo next to it. This means that these projects are linked between Hubstaff (Time Tracking) and Hubstaff Tasks, and can be viewed in List, Kanban, or Timeline views.
Adding tasks in Kanban view
Navigate to Project Management > Tasks, then click the Kanban switcher, and then the + button under the To-do list.
Add the task name, then click the check button.
When you click on the task, you’ll see the task window and be able to do several things.
- Task type – define if the card is a task or a bug.
- Task name – the name assigned to the task.
- Task location – shows you the project and list name where the task is stored under.
- Task workflow buttons – shows workflow buttons to move tasks to another workflow list.
- Task description – allows you to add details or instructions on how to perform the task.
- Attachments – lets you upload files into the task.
- Checklists – adds a checklist to the task.
- Comments – lets you add comments to the task, you will also have an option to attach files in the comments.
- Work Logs – The Work Logs section will show time that was tracked (using the Hubstaff Time Tracking application) to the task.
- Assignee – the user whom the task is assigned to.
- Followers – will receive any updates from the task.
- Sprint – lets you choose which sprint the task is assigned to.
- Epic – lets you choose which epic the task is assigned to.
- Labels – organize your tasks by adding labels.
- Recurring – allows you to repeat the task weekly or monthly (This feature is only available on Premium plans).
- Start Date – lets you assign a start date to the task.
- Due date – lets you assign a due date to the task.
- Worked – shows the time spent on the task.
- Estimate – lets you add an estimated time to complete the task.
- Worked progress bar – shows the time spent on the task against the set estimate.
- Cost – shows how much was spent on this task (requires the project and organization to be synced to Hubstaff Time Tracking and a pay rate set for the specific user).
Adding tasks in Timeline view
The New task dialog will appear. Fill in the required details, then hit Create.
The new task will appear under the timeline view.
Hubstaff members invited using the invite link will not automatically be invited in Hubstaff Tasks.
When the tasks add-on is unlinked, the data will be deleted immediately. When the add-on trial ends, orgs will have 14 days to unlink, which will delete the tasks organization/data.