Time tracking is now available on Hubstaff Tasks. Our web timer will allow you and your team to see how much time your team has logged to a specific task. Now you’ll be able to see how much time is actually being spent on each task and be able to compare it to the estimated time.
All time data will be stored within the Work Logs section of the task itself. If you’d like more in-depth reporting, and be able to see total time tracked to the whole project or time spent on all tasks in one report, sign up for Hubstaff. We have deep reporting capabilities that provide valuable insight into the total amount of time spent across all projects and tasks.
To begin tracking time, follow these steps:
Create a new project and select a project template. If you already have existing projects and lists, please skip to Step
Enter the project name, then select the organization and folder you want the project to be located. Click Create to save your new project.
Open the project page.
Create a new list by clicking the Add a new list button.
Enter the list name then hit Save.
Click on the Add a task button under the list name to create a new task.
The new task dialog will appear.
- Task type – define if the card is a task or a bug.
- Task name – the name assigned to the task.
- Task location – shows you the project and list name where the task is stored under.
- Task workflow buttons – shows workflow buttons to move tasks to another workflow list.
- Task description – allows you to add details or instructions on how to perform the task.
- Attachments – lets you upload files into the task.
- Checklists – adds a checklist to the task.
- Comments – lets you add comments to the task.
- Work Logs – The Work Logs section will show time that was tracked (using the Hubstaff Time Tracking application) to the task.
- Assignee – the user whom the task is assigned to.
- Followers – will receive any updates from the task.
- Sprint – lets you choose which sprint the task is assigned to.
- Epic – lets you choose which epic the task is assigned to.
- Labels – organize your tasks by adding labels.
- Recurring – allows you to repeat the task weekly or monthly (this feature is only available on Premium plans).
- Start Date – lets you assign a start date to the task.
- Due date – lets you assign a due date to the task.
- Worked – shows the time spent on the task.
- Estimate – lets you add an estimated time to complete the task.
- Worked progress bar – shows the time spent on the task against the set estimate.
- Cost – shows how much was spent on this task (requires the project and organization to be synced to Hubstaff Time Tracking and a pay rate set for the specific user).
Click the Play button on the web timer within the task page to start tracking time to the task.
then press the Stop button to stop tracking time.
Once the timer is stopped, you’ll notice the time tracked will reflect on the Worked section of the task page.
You’ll also be able to view the worked time on each task on the following pages: