Time tracking is now available on Hubstaff Tasks. Our web timer will allow you and your team to see how much time your team has logged to a specific task. Now you’ll be able to see how much time is actually being spent on each task and be able to compare it to the estimated time.
All time data will be stored within the Work Logs section of the task itself. If you’d like more in-depth reporting, and be able to see total time tracked to the whole project or time spent on all tasks in one report, sign up for Hubstaff. We have deep reporting capabilities that provide valuable insight into the total amount of time spent across all projects and tasks.
To begin tracking time, follow these steps:
Create a new project and select a project template. If you already have existing projects and lists, please skip to Step
Enter the project name, then select the organization and folder you want the project to be located. Click Create to save your new project.
Open the project page.
Create a new list by clicking the Add a new list button.
Enter the list name then hit Save.
Click on the Add a task button under the list name to create a new task.
The new task dialog will appear.
- Task name – the name assigned to the task.
- Task description – allows you to add details or instructions on how to perform the task.
- Attachments – lets you upload files into the task.
- Checklists – adds a checklist to the task.
- Comments – lets you add comments to the task.
- Assignee – the user whom the task is assigned to.
- Followers – will receive any updates from the task.
- Sprints (Optional, when the Sprint feature is on)
- Epic (Optional, when the Epics feature is on)
- Task labels – organize your tasks by adding labels.
- Start Date – the day the task begins.
- Due date – lets you assign a due date to the task.
- Estimate – lets you add an estimated time to complete the task.
Click the Play button on the web timer within the task page to start tracking time to the task.
then press the Stop button to stop tracking time.
Once the timer is stopped, you’ll notice the time tracked will reflect on the Worked section of the task page.
You’ll also be able to view the worked time on each task on the following pages: