If you are familiar with or currently using Scrum or Agile methodologies, then chances are you know how valuable sprints can be in making your software development process efficient and effective. With our Sprints feature you can create a sprint, add tasks to that sprint, and decide how long the sprint is going to last with the goal of your team completing all tasks in the sprint before it runs out of time.
- How to enable the Sprint Settings
- How to create a new Sprint Project
- How to configure Tasks for Sprints
- The Sprints Overview Screen
How to enable the Sprint Settings
To be able to use the Sprints feature, first you will need to enable the settings.
Click on Settings next to the name of your organization.
Select the Sprints option.
Check the box for ENABLE SPRINTS.
Select the options you wish to configure within your organization. You can choose how long you wish for each sprint to last (eg 1 week) and which day of the week the sprints are to start on.
How to create a new Sprint Project
Click on New Project.
Select the Sprint project template by clicking Choose.
Enter the Project Name, select which organization you wish the project to belong to and the folder (if applicable). Click Create.
How to configure Tasks for Sprints
Click in the text field and type the name of your task. Press Save.
Click on the task name you just created. This will reveal the task editing window.
In this screen you can configure the task for your Sprint.
- Assign a Due date for your task. This is the date you aim to complete the task by.
- Specify an Estimate for your task. This is the estimated amount of hours you believe the task will take to complete.
- Assignee. Click the cross button to assign team members to the task.
- Sprint. Select the stage of the sprint you wish for the task to fall under. The options are None, Backlog, Future and Current.
The Sprints Overview Screen
Click on SPRINTS from the main menu at the top of the page.
This will bring you to an overview of your Current, Future and Backlog Sprints.
- Task Search – Search for any task using the search bar. Typing the name of the task will remove all others from view that do not contain the search term.
- Me / All / Members View – Filter tasks according to assigned team members. Me will display all tasks that are assigned to you. All will display all tasks regardless of assignees. Members will display all tasks that are assigned to your team but not yourself.
- Completed sprints – View all completed sprints by clicking this link.
- Sprint settings – The sprint settings can be accessed by clicking this link.
- Current, Future & Backlog groups –
- Tasks that are assigned to Current, Future and Backlog categories are listed under each group.
- The checkbox icon allows you to keep track of how many tasks are completed in each group.
- The calendar icon provides a countdown of how many days are left until the end of the sprint.
- The timer icon gives a total estimated number of hours left until the tasks will be completed before the end of the sprint.