Hubstaff Task’s Sprint feature allows organizations to focus on tasks that require immediate attention. The Sprint feature enables organizations to build projects, set weekly deadlines for tasks, and add existing tasks to Sprints.
By the end of this article, you should be able to perform the following:
- Enable Sprint Settings
- Create New Sprint Projects
- Configure Tasks for Sprints
- Navigate the Sprints Overview Screen
Sprints are easy to set up, keep moving, and get a bird’s-eye view of projects.
Getting Started with Sprints
- How to enable the Sprint settings
- How to create a new Sprint project
- How to configure tasks for Sprints
- The Sprints Overview screen
How to enable the Sprint Settings
To be able to use the Sprints feature, first, you will need to enable the settings. Below are the instructions on how to set up Sprints in your organization:
Click on Settings next to the name of your organization.
Select the Sprints option then click on Enable sprints.
Click on Try it out.
Select the options you wish to configure within your organization. You can choose how long you wish for each sprint to last (e.g., 1 week) and which day of the week the sprints are to start on and which projects are included on the sprint.
How to create a new Sprint project
Click on New Project.
Select the Sprint project template by clicking Choose.
Enter the Project Name, then make sure the Include in sprints option is checked. Select which organization you wish the project to belong to and the folder (if applicable). Click Create.
Once created, the tasks within the project will be included in the sprints page.
How to configure tasks for Sprints
Click on Add a task under the project list.
If you already have existing tasks, please skip to Step 3.
Enter the task name, then hit Save. Click on the task name to open the task dialog box.
In this screen you can configure the task for your Sprint.
- Add the task Description.
- Add Attachments (optional)
- Add Checklists (optional)
- Add Comments (optional)
- Add an Assignee – this user will be assigned to work on the task.
- Add a Follower/s – these users will be notified of any progress to the task including new comments.
- Choose the Sprint option this task appears in.
- Current – task needs to be completed within the current sprint.
- Next Sprint – task needs to be completed in the next sprint.
- Backlog – overdue tasks.
- Choose which Epic this task is added to.
- Add Labels (optional)
- Assign a Start date for the task.
- Assign a Due date for your task. This is the date you aim to complete the task by.
- The Worked section will show how much time was spent on this task.
- Specify an Estimate for your task. This is the estimated amount of hours you believe the task will take to complete.
- Assignee. Click the cross button to assign team members to the task.
- Sprint. Select the stage of the sprint you wish for the task to fall under. The options are None, Backlog, Future and Current.
The Sprints Overview screen
Click on SPRINTS from the main menu at the top of the page.
This will bring you to an overview of your Current, Future, and Backlogged Sprints.
- Organization selection – choose which organization you wish to view Sprints for.
- Completed sprints – shows only completed sprints.
- Sprint settings – choose which projects are included in the sprint and define the length of each sprint.
- Add a task – lets you add a task directly within the sprints page.
- Me / All / Members View – Filter tasks according to assigned team members. Me will display all tasks that are assigned to you. All will display all tasks regardless of assignees. Members will display all tasks that are assigned to your team but not yourself.
- Task Search – Search for any task using the search bar. Typing the name of the task will remove all others from view that do not contain the search term.
- Current Sprint – shows all tasks included in the current sprint period.
- Next Sprint – shows all tasks included in the next sprint period.
- Sprint Backlog – shows all overdue tasks from previous sprints.