PayPal Mass Pay Payroll Setup
Your PayPal account also needs to be enabled for mass payments. You can call 1-888-215-5506 to have PayPal enable mass payments on your account. You’ll need to enter your phone number and then ask to speak to an “agent”.
Here’s the complete list of supported countries for Mass Pay:
- Your account needs to be a verified business account (email verified).
- You need to have a bank account added
- Depending on where you live, PayPal may require you to send a certain amount of money per month in order to use Mass Pay. Contact PayPal support for more information.
After meeting these criteria the Paypal customer service number above should be able to approve your request to have masspay added to your account.
First, click on “Payments” in the left sidebar and click on “Payroll“. Click “Add integration” to be taken to where you will be able to manage your payment accounts.
Next, click the PayPal option. This will bring up a page that will guide you through allowing permission in your PayPal account.
Make sure you fully read through the instructions given in “How to setup PayPal”, and then click “Connect”
Then log into your Paypal account. You will be asked to “Grant Permission”:
Choose which users you wish to add to your payroll, then click Finish.
After adding the member in your organization to Payroll, you will see them along with all the options to configure them.
Click on Actions -> Edit to configure each user’s payroll:
- Pay Period – lets you choose when payments are processed.
- Weekly: Every Monday
- Bi-Weekly: Every other Monday
- Twice per month: 16th and 31st of the month
- Monthly: 31st of the month
- Pay Type – can be set to Hourly or Fixed payments.
- Require timesheet approval – linked to the timesheets approval feature.
- Pay Rate – the amount you pay your team member.
- Bill Rate – the amount clients can be billed.
- PayPal Email – member’s PayPal email where they will be paid.
For frequently asked questions regarding our payroll feature, please refer here.
If you pay your team members through Hubstaff via one of our payroll options (Payoneer, PayPal, Transferwise or Bitwage), there are no fees charged by Hubstaff (we don’t take any percentage of the payments). The only fees are the nominal fees charged by the payment sites.