Before you integrate your PayPal business account with Hubstaff, you will need to set up Mass Pay through PayPal. Mass Payments allows organizations to send payments in bulk.
To set up Mass Pay, call 1-888-215-5506. From there, you will enter your phone number and then ask to speak to an “agent.”
You can also view the complete list of supported countries for Mass Pay here.
There are some criteria that you need to meet in order to qualify for Mass Pay:
- Your account needs to be a verified business account (email verified).
- You need to have a bank account added
- Depending on where you live, PayPal may require you to send a certain amount of money per month in order to use Mass Pay. Contact PayPal support for more information.
After meeting these criteria the Paypal customer service number above should be able to approve your request to have Mass Pay added to your account.
First, click on Payments in the left sidebar and click on Payroll. Click Add integration to be taken to where you will be able to manage your payment accounts.
Next, click the PayPal option. This will bring up a page that will guide you through allowing permission in your PayPal account.
Make sure you fully read through the instructions given in “How to setup PayPal”, and then click Connect
Then log in to your Paypal account. You will be asked to Grant Permission:
Choose which users you wish to add to your payroll, then click Finish.
After adding the member in your organization to Payroll, you will see them along with all the options to configure them.
Click on Actions -> Edit to configure each user’s payroll:
- Pay Period – lets you choose when payments are processed.
- Weekly: Every Monday
- Bi-Weekly: Every other Monday (There is an option to choose the Start on date)
- Twice per month: 16th and 31st of the month
- Monthly: 31st of the month
- Pay Type – can be set to Hourly or Fixed payments.
- Require timesheet approval – linked to the timesheets approval feature.
- Pay Rate – the amount you pay your team member.
- Bill Rate – the amount clients can be billed.
- PayPal Email – member’s PayPal email where they will be paid.
For frequently asked questions regarding our payroll feature, please refer here.
If you pay your team members through Hubstaff via one of our payroll options (Payoneer, PayPal, Transferwise or Bitwage), there are no fees charged by Hubstaff (we don’t take any percentage of the payments). The only fees are the nominal fees charged by the payment sites.
If you choose Bi-weekly payments, you will have the option to choose between two start on dates (pay periods).