Setting up an Organization
Organizations are a critical aspect of Hubstaff. They are a way to organize your projects, tasks, and access levels.
Think of each organization as the primary way to segregate different companies that you own. Each organization will include a set of clients, projects, to-dos (or tasks) and team members within it.
You have the freedom to choose how to set-up each organization depending on your company’s structure. Here are a few examples:
Example 1: You can organize each organization as a department in your company with different projects under each organization as shown below:
- Organization 1 (Marketing)
- Project 1 (Online Marketing)
- Project 2 (Social Media)
- Organization 2 (Accounting)
- Project 1 (Balance Sheet)
- Project 2 (P&L)
- Organization 3 (Graphic Design)
- Project 1 (Advertising)
- Project 2 (Deliverables)
Example 2: If you have divisions across geographies which have their separate hierarchical order and currency, you can create separate organizations, i.e.:
- Technocorp (USA) – currency – US Dollar
- Technocorp (Costa Rica) – currency – Costa Rican Colon
- Technocorp (Romania) – currency – Romanian Leu
- Technocorp (India) – currency – Indian Rupee
- Technocorp (Philippines) – currency – Philippine Peso
The features available within an organization will be based on the subscription plan you select for each organization.
To create an organization, please follow the steps below:
Click “Add organization.”
Name your organization, select an industry, choose a team size, then set up at least one project – you will then be guided through the rest of the steps and finish the organization setup.
You can then select the features relevant to your organization.
After clicking on “Done,” your organization setup is completed.