How do I display reports of time that have been edited?
The Manual time edits report provides a summary of which users had made changes to their timesheets. The report will include what actions were made: time addition, editing, or deletion. This lets organization owners keep track of what time had been modified throughout the organization in one central report.
To allow or disallow users from being able to modify (add/edit) time, visit your organization’s Modify time setting.
Generating the report
Navigate to Reports > General > Manual Time Edits.
You will notice that there is a Me and All tab. The Me tab is visible to everyone but the All tab is only available to owners and managers.
You can choose from a variety of custom filters like date ranges, projects, to-dos, actions, members and changed by. The report will display the information based on what filters you select.
After applying the date range and filters, your report will be automatically generated. The report will display the following columns:
- Member name
- Project name
- Action – describes what changes the user made
- Timespan – the start and stop time of the added/edited/removed time block.
- Time change – the difference between the original and the modified time. If a user added one hour, you will see 1:00:00.
- Reason – the reason provided by the user for the change.
- Changed by – the user who modified the time.
- Changed at – the date the time was edited.
Reports can be sent to one or more email recipients by clicking on the Send button.
Add the email recipients on the field, separating each email address with a comma, then customize the message (optional) then either send a test message clicking the Send me test button or click on Send to send the report.
You can also schedule reports to be sent automatically by clicking on the Schedule icon. After clicking the icon, a dialog box will appear where you can:
- Enter the e-mail addresses of the recipients.
- Customize the message in the e-mail.
- Choose the file type (CSV/PDF).
- Enter the name of the report.
- Choose the Date Range included in the report from:
- Last 7 days
- This week
- Last week
- The last 2 weeks
- This month
- Last month
- Delivery Frequency – how often the report is sent. Choose from:
- Monthly (when the monthly option is selected you are provided 3 additional options: 1st of the month, 15th of the month, Last day of the month)
- Delivery time – the exact time when the report is sent.
- Send Preview
- Save – stores your scheduled report, which you can view via the Scheduled Reports section.
Reports can be exported as a PDF or CSV file by clicking the Export button.