Hubstaff now supports Job Sites (also known as geofencing) which designates a specific area where your team is allowed to track time. The app can automatically start recording time when a user enters the job site or stop the timer when they leave the job site.
Whenever a user is tracking time within a job site, the system provides a report of when and for how much time the user spent at that job site, which you can generate and review with our Reports feature.
This guide will show you how you can access the Job Sites feature and use it for your team.
Add job sites
Enter the site name, address, then select the radius of the job site, then click Next.
Select team members allowed to track time on this job site, then choose Automatic timer actions. Hit Save to confirm your settings, and your team is set to track time to job sites.
Automatic timer actions
- On Arrival
- Start Timer – the timer starts automatically when a user is within range of the job site.
- Send Reminder – sends a notification to the user via the mobile app that they have entered the range of the job site.
- Don’t start timer – no automatic actions when arriving at a job site.
- Track time to project – select which project the app automatically tracks time to when recording time to a job site.
- On Departure
- Stop timer – the timer stops automatically when a user is within range of the job site.
- Send reminder – sends a notification to the user via the mobile app that they have left the range of the job site.
- Don’t stop timer – no automatic actions when departing a job site.
iOS app view
Members tracking time with our iOS app will be able to see the job sites shown on their “Map” section.
Job site reports
Reports can be pulled against job site activity. Click on Reports > Job Sites > Visits.
The report will show the team member’s name, job site, entry and exit times, and the duration of time that was tracked.
Restrict timer to Job Sites
You can also restrict time tracking to Job Sites. When this setting is enabled, users would not be able to start the timer unless they are within the Job Site radius.
Navigate to Settings > Features > Job sites.
You should be on the Job Sites tab and see the Restrict timer to job sites setting.
The Default option will enable/disable the setting for the entire organization. You can also change individual settings which will override the organization default setting.
Job Site Notifications
Organization owners and managers can be notified through the mobile app when their team is entering/exiting job sites, this way you’ll know exactly when and where your team is working.
To enable this setting, follow the steps below:
Click on Enter/exit notifications, then toggle the Default setting to enable/disable this feature for your entire organization, or toggle individual settings to enable it for some users and disable it for others.
The “Map” section on mobile to view the job sites is only currently available on the iOS app.
The operating system decides which job site the user enters first in the event of overlap between job sites. We report the first job site detected by the operating system in these instances.