This video is divided into chapters, to skip directly to the Clients section, please click here
Within Hubstaff, the Clients feature caters to two primary functions:
- For organization purposes, to categorize which projects belong to which Clients
- To invoice time tracked towards Clients, in conjunction with our invoicing feature. For more information about how to invoice your clients, please see our helpful guide here.
As shown below, the Clients section displays a list of your clients containing their budget details.
Table of Contents
How to add a new client
First, navigate to the client section by clicking on Project management > Clients from the side menu bar.
To add a client simply press the Add client button.
A pop-up window will appear where you can enter the details of your new client. Under the General tab, enter the name and address of the client that will appear within Hubstaff and in outgoing invoices. At any point during the setup, you can hit Save and return to the Clients page to add more details.
Click the Contact Info tab, then fill in your client’s phone number and email address. Client invoices will be sent to the client’s registered email. Hit Save, or continue to the next tab.
Navigate the Projects tab, then select the projects that are associated and billable to this client. Hit Save, or continue to the next tab.
Navigate the Budget tab, then define the following:
- Type – can be total cost or total hours logged to the project.
- Based on – a choice between pay rate and bill rate.
- Cost/Hours – based on your selection for the Type, this can be total cost or total hours logged to the project.
- Notify at – set a percentage of the budget where you’ll be notified via email.
- Resets – can be never (choose start date) or monthly.
- Include non-billable time – enable to include non-billable time.
Hit Save, or continue to the next tab.
On the Invoicing tab, either keep the Notes and Net Terms options disabled to pick up the automatic settings here or enable them to add your custom notes and terms.
To set-up recurring invoices, on the INVOICING tab, click Custom under the Auto invoicing section to enable recurring invoices, then fill in the following information:
- Amount based on – bill clients based on the hourly bill rates, or a fixed price every automatic interval.
- Frequency – select the intervals the invoice will be sent. Invoices can be sent monthly, weekly, and bi-weekly.
- Delay sending – add a specific delay to your automatic invoices.
- Send reminder to pay after due – this sends an email reminder to clients when an invoice has not been settled after a specific number of days.
- Line items – define the line item format.
- Include non-billable time – this includes all non-billable times logged to projects associated with a client.
How to edit an existing client
First, navigate to the client section by clicking on Project management > Clients from the menu bar.
Click on Actions and then Edit.
To edit a client click on Edit client.
This will allow you to edit factors such as the name, email address, address, and the selected projects of your client.
How to archive a client
To archive, navigate to the client section by clicking on Project management > Clients from the menu bar.
Click on Actions and then Archive.
Click OK to archive the client.
How to restore a client
You can restore a client by going to the Client page and then click the ARCHIVED tab.
Then select Actions and Restore client.