When you need to keep tabs on your resources per client, you can easily set a budget by following this guide.
With this feature, you can keep track of how your budget is used up (it could be in terms of total hours or total costs per client). The Client budgets report lets you view how much of your client’s resources have been used up.
To check the Client budgets report you’ll need to click on Reports on the left sidebar.
Navigate to the Budgets and limits tab under reports, then click on Client budgets.
You can also click on the “star” icon to add the report under the Reports menu on the sidebar.
You’ll see a list of clients with budgets set. This report will give you exact totals for budgets that had been already allocated to each project. It’ll also show you exactly how much budget you’ve spent and how much you’ve got remaining per client.
You’ll also be able to filter the report by client, include archived projects and save your current filters for future use.
Reports can be sent to one or more email recipients by clicking on the Send button.
Add the email recipients on the field, separating each email address with a comma, then customize the message (optional) then either send a test message clicking the “Send me test” button, or click on “Send” to send the report.
You can also schedule reports to be sent automatically by clicking on the “Schedule” icon. After clicking the icon, a dialog box will appear where you can:
- Enter the e-mail addresses of the recipients.
- Customize the message on the e-mail.
- Choose the file type (CSV/PDF).
- Enter the name of the report.
- Choose the Date Range included in the report from:
- Last 7 days
- This week
- Last week
- The last 2 weeks
- This month
- Last month
- Delivery Frequency – how often the report is sent. Choose from:
- Monthly (when the monthly option is selected you are provided 3 additional options: 1st of the month, 15th of the month, Last day of the month)
- Delivery time – exact time when the report is sent.
- Send preview – sends a sample report.
- Save – stores your scheduled report, which you can view via the Scheduled Reports section.
The Amounts owed report can be exported as a PDF or CSV, allowing you to keep local records of your team’s expenses.