The Project Budgets feature allows you to track the profitability of projects and much more:
- Know when a project is over-budget or on pace to go over-budget
- See cost per project and per user within a project in a detailed real-time report
- Track profitability of clients and restrict time/cost on their combined projects
- Ensure that your company is working the full amount of time for each of your clients on a monthly basis
- Receive notifications when a project is nearing its budget
- Allocate a budget (in hours or cost) to a project, and Hubstaff will notify you as the selected milestone is crossed.
Select Projects from the main navigation menu.
Under the Budgets column, next to the relevant project name, click the pencil icon to add/edit the project budget.
The Edit project BUDGET tab dialog will appear where you can edit the following details:
- Type – can be based on:
- Total cost
- Total hours
- Based on – where the budget is based on:
- Pay Rate – the rate you pay your team member/s.
- Bill Rate – the rate you bill for the time tracked by your team.
- Cost – can be in amounts or hours depending on the Type.
- Notify at – a specific percentage of the budget where you’ll be notified through email.
- Resets – can be set to Monthly, or Never.
- Include Non-Billable time – control whether the non-billable time is included on the budget.
Hit Save to add the budget.
Once your project’s budget is set, the current progress and budget total will be viewable from the project’s details page.