While users are tracking time, screenshots are captured up to 3x for each active monitor every 10-minute interval for all users. Screenshots are shown per day and can be broken down into 10-minute intervals, or by viewing all screenshots recorded for the day.
The screenshots are uploaded and displayed under the Activity > Screenshots section of the menu bar.
Table of contents
You can view your employee’s screenshots using the Every 10 minutes or All screenshots views. Toggle the buttons on the top of the Activity > Screenshots page to change the view.
This view shows screenshots grouped into 10-minute intervals, by the hour and is the default view when accessing the Activity > Screenshots page. The sample image below displays all screenshots recorded from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Under each 10 minute interval, it displays how many screens are recorded. In this example, there are 3 screenshots recorded every 10 minutes.
Under each screenshot you will see the following information:
- Interval – shows the time when the screenshots were taken (e.g., 12:00 pm – 12:10 pm)
- Activity level – total keyboard + mouse activity over the duration of time tracked. For example, on the 12:20 – 12:30 pm interval, the user tracked 10 minutes of time (600 seconds) and recorded a total of 468 seconds of activity (78%). To learn more about how activity levels are calculated, click here.
The all screenshots view will display each screenshot along with the time it was taken grouped by the hour. In this view, activity levels are not displayed.
Viewing full resolution images
To view full resolution images of these screen capture, please follow the steps below:
Navigate to Activity > Screenshots from the menu.
Images are collated in blocks of 10-minute intervals. If your organization captures 3 screenshots per every 10 minutes, for example, all 3 images will be stored under the one 10 minute block in the thumbnail gallery.
On the Screenshots page, hover over any single image, and click View screen to open the thumbnail gallery.
- To scroll through the images, click the left and right directional arrows at either side of the screen
- To exit out of the gallery, click the cross at the top right hand side of the screen
- The project, date, time and activity level that was recorded will be displayed at the bottom of the image
If you wish to display the images in a continuous gallery, rather than a 10-minute segment, click the gallery icon at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
A bar of thumbnail images will appear displayed across the bottom of the screen. Click on any of the thumbnails to reveal the full-size version of that image.
To disable screenshot capture, please click here.
For information about our screenshot notifications feature, please click here.