This video is divided into chapters, to skip directly to the Holidays and Time off section, click here
Introducing Hubstaff’s time off feature that allows you to set policies for time off requests and paid holidays.
Table of Contents
- Adding time off policies
- Editing time off policy members
- Editing or removing time off policy
- Requesting time off and managing requests
- Adding holiday policy
- Editing holiday policy, policy members or removing a policy
- Editing or removing holiday policy
Adding time off policies
To add a time off policy you first click on the Settings page, then on the Time off tab, then make sure you are in the Time off policies section, and then click on Add policy.
Next, the Add time off policy dialog box will appear and you’ll be asked to fill in the following information:
- Policy Name
- Members – Select the team members to whom this policy would apply. You can also place a check mark on the “Automatically add new members to this policy” box to add new members to the policy automatically.
- Schedule of Accrual
- Annual – balances are added at the start of every year
- Hours – allows you to add a custom number of hours of time offs per hours worked
- Amount Accrued (Only available on annual) – input a time-off credit balance each team member receives every start of the year.
- Allow negative balances – enables users to file time offs even when the credit is “0.”
- Balance rolls over annually – the remaining balance from the previous year’s time off credits rolls over to the next year.
- Requires approval – requires each time off request to be approved by the manager/owner.
- Paid – sets the time-off credits as billable.
Editing time off policy members
To edit policy members you need to make sure you’re on the Time off policy page first and click on Edit in the members column.
Next you can add or remove members you want, and then click Save.
Editing or removing time off policy
To edit time off policies you need to make sure you’re on the Time off policy page first and click on the Actions drop down and choose Edit or Remove. You can edit everything except the accrual which you will have to remove create a new one if that is what you need to edit.
Adding holiday policies
To add holiday policies you need to make sure you’re on the Time off page in Settings area, then click on Holidays, and then click on Add a policy.
On the new window complete each field and then click on Save.
Editing holiday policy, policy members or removing a policy
To edit policy members you need to make sure you’re on the Time off page in Settings first, then click on Holidays. To edit members just click Edit in the Members column, then add or remove the members you want and then click Save.
To edit or remove the policy just click Edit or Remove on the Actions drop down. Then you can edit everything about the policy and then click Save.
Requesting time off and managing requests
You can request time off after a policy is made by going to your Time off page and then click on Request time off.
Fill in all of the fields on the new window and the click on Send.
You can manage time off from the same page. Users can view, edit, and delete leave. Owners/managers have all of those options for all users plus they can approve/deny time off. All of this can be done by using the Actions drop down on the Time off page.
Below is what it looks like when anyone clicks view. The available buttons at the bottom will be dependent on what role you have in Hubstaff.