Expense reports are a great way to manage your team’s expenses. Our expense report shows expense data by date and time, and can also be filtered based on billable and non-billable items so you’re always on top of your team’s spending and keep track of your finances.
Generating expense reports with Hubstaff is easy:
Navigate to the Reports section on the sidebar then select Expenses.
The expense report will now be generated and you’ll be able to view the following columns:
- Member name – the name of the member who tracked the expense.
- Project name – the project where the expense is logged under.
- Expense Description – any notes added on the expense logged.
- Amount – the total amount of the expense.
- Category – shows the type of expense.
You can also customize the report by clicking on the Filters button.
You’ll be taken to the Filters dialog where you can apply the following filters to the report. Hit Save filters to apply the filters to your report.
- Billing Type
Reports can be sent to one or more email recipients by clicking on the Send button.
Add the email recipients on the field, separating each email address with a comma, then customize the message (optional) then either send a test message clicking the “Send me test” button, or click on “Send” to send the report.
You can also schedule reports to be sent automatically by clicking on the “Schedule” icon. After clicking the icon, a dialog box will appear where you can:
- Enter the e-mail addresses of the recipients.
- Customize the message on the e-mail.
- Choose the file type (CSV/PDF).
- Enter the name of the report.
- Choose the Date Range included in the report from:
- Last 7 days
- This week
- Last week
- The last 2 weeks
- This month
- Last month
- Delivery Frequency – how often the report is sent. Choose from:
- Monthly (when the monthly option is selected you are provided 3 additional options: 1st of the month, 15th of the month, Last day of the month)
- Delivery time – the exact time when the report is sent.
- Send preview – sends a sample report.
- Save – stores your scheduled report, which you can view via the Scheduled Reports section.
The report can be exported as a PDF or CSV, allowing you to keep local records of your team’s expenses.