With the new Hubstaff and Bitwage integration, managers and payroll administrators can set up automatic employee payments using their credit/debit cards/bank accounts. Employers can pay their employees on an hourly basis based on their time tracked, or they could setup a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly fixed rate.
Fees and conversion rates: 3.5% + $0.30 for credit card transactions, 0.5% for ACH debits, 0% for ACH for credits, and fees starting at 1% for currency conversions. For more information on bank transfer fees, credit card fees and conversion rates click here.
Check out Bitwage’s blog post for more details on how payments are handled in Bitwage.
To connect your Bitwage account with Hubstaff simply follow these steps:
- Set up an employer in Bitwage
- Set up profile accounts for your workers
- Link a credit/debit card (or bank account) to your Bitwage account
- Invite your employees to setup their Hubstaff and Bitwage accounts
- Connect your employees Bitwage accounts to Hubstaff
- Connect your Bitwage account with your Hubstaff account
The Bitwage payroll setup has several steps that you’ll need to complete. Your users that are receiving payments will also need Bitwage accounts (free for them to join). You’ll see how to invite them below.
Set up an employer in Bitwage
First, you’ll need to create a Bitwage account. In your Bitwage account, you’ll need to “Set Up Employer”. Once you complete your employer set up, you will need to wait for Bitwage to approve your account.
Click “Set Up” on the left menu.
Click “Create New Employer”.
Set up profile accounts for your workers
The next steps involve inviting your workers and setting up your profile and accounts.
- Click on “Profile & Accounts” on the left hand menu underneath your employer you just set up.
- Next, select a default payment method from the dropdown list at the bottom of that page
- Save your changes
Link a credit/debit card (or bank account) to your Bitwage account
After setting your default payment method, you can enter your payment details (such as your credit card information). To do this, click on “Employer Linked Accounts” on the top of the page, then click on the “New Payment Method” button:
You’ll see the different payment method options. Click your payment method of choice to add your details.
Invite your employees to set up their Bitwage accounts
Once your card is added, you will be all set to invite your workers (if you haven’t already).
- Just click on the “Invite Workers” link on the top of the page or the “Workers” link on the left hand menu under your company.
- You can then enter their email addresses and
- click the add button
- You can optionally enter multiple email addresses here or even bulk import them
After you have added all the email addresses of the users you wish to invite, click the “Invite” button below.
Connect your employees Bitwage accounts to Hubstaff
Your users will receive invites from Bitwage to create free accounts. You can direct them to this guide below for help in getting their accounts configured: http://support.hubstaff.com/connect-your-bitwage-account/
Connect your Bitwage account with your Hubstaff account
Once you’ve set up your employer account and invited your users, you’ll need to connect your Bitwage account to your Hubstaff payroll.
To get started with Payroll in your Hubstaff account, you can click on “Organizations”, then click on your organization, then click on the “Payroll” tab (a premium plan is required). You’ll be taken to where you can connect your Bitwage account.
You’ll then just need to click “Allow” on the window you’re presented with at Bitwage. You’ll be sent back to Hubstaff and finished setting up the integration.